NY chicken lover!!!!

Does anyone know of any places I could find free or cheap fencing? More messing around with my birds has convinced me to fence out a huge area, move all the coops into it, and lock all the gates. Which is going to be expensive unless I can find some cheap fence.
wayfair.com im on tbe droid app and there is a ton of fencing

Does anyone know of any places I could find free or cheap fencing? More messing around with my birds has convinced me to fence out a huge area, move all the coops into it, and lock all the gates. Which is going to be expensive unless I can find some cheap fence.

What is it you are trying to do? Fence something out or keep the birds in?

What is it you are trying to do?  Fence something out or keep the birds in?

My birds are on land where I used to live. Someone, I suspect my cousin's daughter, the neighbor's kids, or both, keep messing with my coops, birds, and eggs. So I'm putting up a big fence to keep them out.

It sounds evil
gig.gif
but have you considered electric?

The trick would be to get the wires close enough together and low enough to the ground so no one could scoot through or roll under. It would be good for dogs and predators, too. Probably the cheapest way to go if you get a good strong fencer. You could get away with pretty puny fence posts since you aren't trying to keep cows or horses in.

Oh I definitely have :gig I'd love to give them a shock.

I haven't done it yet but have plans to maybe. Using bird netting I think it is Lowe's I've got a couple rolls decent price 7'x100' for $15. If they're not flyers split it for 200'. Just to keep them in. And then electric fence for the predators or 'whatever'.
Saw this the other day in the field my giant's are usually in.

I haven't done it yet but have plans to maybe. Using bird netting I think it is Lowe's I've got a couple rolls decent price 7'x100' for $15. If they're not flyers split it for 200'. Just to keep them in. And then electric fence for the predators or 'whatever'.
Saw this the other day in the field my giant's are usually in.
Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom