NY chicken lover!!!!

Hello , all🐓🐓 lovers! New to this forum. I live in westchester county with a flock of 16.

Question - has anyone recently shipped a crate of several chickens to other state? Any recommendation for shippers/ carriers?

Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am from WNY and just started my more exotic flock here at Strange Hatter Farms. I happened upon this thread while looking up tips for hatching my latest endeavor, Red Bourbon Turkeys!

Anyway, I'd love to keep this thread in my pocket as I did have a hard time finding farms in WNY selling exotic chick breeds through Google. I was able to snag one Ayam Cemani but hes not the greatest and I should have inspected him better before handing over the money since his waddles are mulberry, his tongue is white and so are most of his toes, but you can only learn lessons from mistakes, right?

I am excited with hatching my first eggs from him though, only barnyard mixes. I learned so much within last year and I'm applying that to the new shipment of French Cooper Marans I just bought. Once they hatch I will be expanding back to the Ayam's and Pumpkin Hulseys.

This will be a great year for my newly built farm!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am from WNY and just started my more exotic flock here at Strange Hatter Farms. I happened upon this thread while looking up tips for hatching my latest endeavor, Red Bourbon Turkeys!

Anyway, I'd love to keep this thread in my pocket as I did have a hard time finding farms in WNY selling exotic chick breeds through Google. I was able to snag one Ayam Cemani but hes not the greatest and I should have inspected him better before handing over the money since his waddles are mulberry, his tongue is white and so are most of his toes, but you can only learn lessons from mistakes, right?

I am excited with hatching my first eggs from him though, only barnyard mixes. I learned so much within last year and I'm applying that to the new shipment of French Cooper Marans I just bought. Once they hatch I will be expanding back to the Ayam's and Pumpkin Hulseys.

Welcome. WNY has a big poultry presence. Check out twin tier poultry club. They have a show and 2 auctions. They are on Facebook

Howdy! Glad you could join us. Never heard of a pumpkin hulsey. I gotta look that one up cause it sounds cool!

Hey everyone! That time of year :) :) looking for chickies. Anyone know where I can get JUST wheaten (pure not EE) ameraucanas? I went to the ameraucanas directory and it's outdated with people no longer selling. I was able to find one person but they aren't taking any more orders this season due to demand. I'm considering just buying a bunch of the assorted mix from mcmurray and then getting rid of the non wheatens or using them for meat.
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/ameraucanas.html

If anyone here has pure ameraucanas (not EE) then I'd be interested! Other than that my plans for 2021 include: looking to hatch more black coppers this season. Hopefully also extending my black silver marans population after a hawk took my last hen. It isn't easy to find chicks or eggs for silver blacks. But I guess slightly easier than my other dream of finding le fleche anytime soon. *sigh* a girl can dream.
I am starting to incubate from my bantam wheaten Ameraucanas. They are pure my breeders came from CT. I’M not sure where you are but I’ll have chicks in a month or so.

Attachments

• 0AF3F2A7-B9C0-43FC-A7A2-85325D242933.jpeg
    0AF3F2A7-B9C0-43FC-A7A2-85325D242933.jpeg
    542.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DC10BF94-99DC-4C3B-97A1-1BEE308AE197.jpeg
    DC10BF94-99DC-4C3B-97A1-1BEE308AE197.jpeg
    739.4 KB · Views: 3
  • BD356BF8-D80D-40FA-B2DC-DF8B293E59A6.jpeg
    BD356BF8-D80D-40FA-B2DC-DF8B293E59A6.jpeg
    778.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 28CE29B9-A0C4-4BED-B821-DAD81CBE728B.jpeg
    28CE29B9-A0C4-4BED-B821-DAD81CBE728B.jpeg