NYC: Big tame Cornish X free to a good home

GroundX

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 14, 2014
NYC
Here in the Bronx, have what I think is a Cornish X from a local vivero (live food market). Virginia is a big, fat, white hen who is not very mobile, but tame. Alas, she is being picked on by smaller, faster hens, and we have no place to put her. This sucks, because we deliberately got "docile"breeds (australorps, etc.) She gets along well with dogs and cats and seems to enjoy being petted and hand-fed. However, I don't think she can be with other birds (too fat and slow). If someone can find a way to house her separately, she would make a good backyard pet or classroom pet.

Please reply here or to George, [email protected]

Thank you for thinking about her.

Hi George ,

I live in the Catskill Mtns. about roughly Two hrs. from the City & have 2 & 1/4 Acres of land for my flock to roam.
How old is your bird ? As seems she needs the country routine to loose some weight!!
LOL! I really don't go to city much , But wondered if you were willing to meet ?
I maybe even be able to meet you in Monroe NY, Palisades Pkyway North >>>>to RTE 6 & the Quickway Rte. 17 West first exit It would be roughly a 45 minute drive for you 1 way & 1 hour & 1/2 hour drive for me one way. I would come all the way but am handicapped and really cannot stand being in car that long as have issue's with my spine// It's an offer if you cannot find one to take her we are a no kill home and she would live her life out on a small farm with love & care & other animals // and I am sure she would loose weight & become more active. It's an offer!
Wish you luck!
If you choose not to!
Fishingman,
One of our girls making friends with the locals!! LOL!
part of the back yard for the girls.
Their protector! & their home If there is an issue with her WE also have other run's & pen's a 4X 4x10 ft run w/ a 8 x6 x10 kennel frame not in use at present & have coop's dismantled at present as well. Just so you have an idea where she would be going if you choose to do so!
We bought this place last year and little by little turning it into a small pet farm.

Wowie!

Seriously, our girls are friends with dogs, cats, lizards, etc. as well (see below, that's a Coturnix quail). Please let me know if Friday, Sunday or Monday work.

Please Email me at [email protected]

I also sent you a PM

Thanks,

G

P. S.

By chance, know anyone who wants a male king pigeon with an attitude? :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom