NZ / Rex Rabbit Grow Out

Quote:
Thanks
big_smile.png
I'm new to all this so I always wonder if mine are to small.

I removed the next box cause they won't stay in it. I did notice that the bigger ones stole moms hay when I put it in there today. I thought it was funny cause they circled around it and she couldn't get to. So she just sat in the corner until they were done
tongue.png

Wow 8! Great!!!
big_smile.png

ALL THREE of my does are due next month, thank god they all got pregnant on the same day. I wanted to do it like that so I would have a back-up doe in case one rejected a baby or the litter or something.
roll.png

So here are the new numbers. This past week mom and babies ate 8lbs of feed.

4wk weights
10 1/2 oz, 10 1/2oz, 12 1/2oz, 14oz, 15 1/2oz, 1lbs, 1lbs 1/2oz, 1lbs 1oz, 1lbs 1 1/2oz, 1lbs 1 1/2oz

Just for fun my

8wk litter weights
3lbs 7 oz, 3lbs 10oz, 3lbs 12 1/2oz

Your 8 week weights are good. You must be eating a lot of rabbits to do a litter a month.
I think rabbit is one of my favorite meats.

Quote:
Well I haven't had a chance to process any yet since the 8 week are my first litter.
tongue.png
I am eying them up right now but I have ppl interested in buying them. And my kids named one and you know how that goes
hmm.png

Do you sell any? I've got a guy that wants some for meat but I don't have any clue on what to sell them for. They are only a wk old (6wk old ones are being kept for 4-H) so we still have some time but I need to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom