Silver Fox vs Cal/NZ Meat Rabbit Grow out Journal - Final Results

Quote:
All rabbits have meat on them from the mini ones up to the big huge Flemish Giant. If you want the most meat per rabbit then find someone who has been breeding for meat and not for show. I would also look at the disposition of the rabbits. No one wants to feed and house a mean rabbit. As I said before the Silver Fox are great friendly rabbits. Some breeds are more friendly then others.
Rabbits are great for food, they are quiet, easy to clean up after, and if you get too many of them they are easy to sell.
I would buy the best stock I could afford to get started with.

aaahhh..yes. i missed this thread. i only stop by here on occasion. sorry i posted on the old one just now.

OMNISKIES posted some of my own thoughts already, and ive put them on the old thread. so i wont re-interate.

ive read many times that folks will butcher a rabbit at 4lbs. but i never do. i always take them up to 12 wks old and they will be tween 6-7 lbs. im wondering if you allowed the experiment to go on for another 4 wks, if the results would be different.

so many things to ponder. great thread. and i appreciate the effort put into keeping meticulous notes. if i was anywhere near some SF stock id definitly give it a whirl.

Hi guys I own a sf for and have a litter of 9 kits. I was wondering when the best time to but her them would be? I've heard 6,8,12,14?????

Back
Top Bottom