Pics

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

I am too obsessed. My little dinosaurs have stolen my heart, and, most probably, eaten it, thinking it was a tomato!
Here is a thread for people who have realised their addiction. Talk about your obsession, get advice & support and have some fun!

3 step program:
  1. How many chickens did you start with? How high did you set your maximum chicken amount?
  2. Count your chickens
  3. Accept that chicken addictions are uncurable, and buy some "acception merch"
Acception merch:
OCD cup/mug
OCD mouse pad
OCD t-shirt
OCD t-shirt/jumper
OCD coop sign

Screenshot_20210915-205650~2.png

How many of these do you have?

Last edited:
I do like silkies but I wouldn't say I'm obsessed.
Quotes by KingB:
  • can you remember where you bought your silkie eggs from?

I am going to hatch some more to live with kiwi and pickles.
  • They're amazing!! People always used to say how nice silkies were but I never really took much notice.

I've got about 15 chicks in the brooder at the moment. Legbars and marans.

I was going to keep them but now I'm wondering wether i should just get silkies instead.
  • I won't be hatching millions, just thousands.

I have all the symptoms on your chart except one. The one I don't have is checking the bottom of my shoes - and that is because I have cute little coop clogs (with a chickens design on them naturally!) so I just slip those off an put on my house shoes when I go in.
I think that one thing spares me from the diagnosis. Right?

Hello! Pippin here!
I started with 2 adault hens, a year ago. I aimed for around 5 chickens.
A few months ago, I had 10 chickens, but these past 2 months, 1 chicken died, and I had to rehome 2 boys. Another roo is leaving this weekend. I will be down to 6 😥 I am dying for more!!!
I am going to hatch more eggs later this year (or next year) as well.

I have over 800 photos of my flock.
And I am all of these:
View attachment 2834394
I'm not staying on this thread very long.... But I just wanted to say....

800 pictures?! That's it?! I've taken that many in one day of my birds before! :th

Ok. I 'tuck' my birds in everynight, with sometimes kissing them all good night. I call them 'girls' to their face. (Sorry to my dear cockerels, you're just in the mix so you get called that too. :oops:) I don't usually check my shoes before coming in because I usually don't care what's under them until my dog tries cleaning them. :sick Spring is the best time of year and that's when my birthday is. Sooo..... You know what is on my birthday list every year. :love

Now again, I'm not staying long, because I know I'll never be able to get away from this thread. :rolleyes: :lol:

I don't have a problem. I only had 3 hens and a rooster, so I got 3 chicks this last spring. I only have 7 chickens. I don't have a problem.

I have three songs I sing to the chickens. There's the "Good Morning, Chickens" song, the "Chickie Snack" song, and the "Goodnight Chickens" song. I sing them every day. I do not have a problem.

When my chicks were little this last summer, I made an enclosure outside the brooder and sat with them. I told them that they were "safe with momma." Nope, don't have a problem.

Of course, they all have names! What kind of question is that? Yes, I can tell the three black ones apart! You got a problem with that?

What do you mean, you think chickens are ugly? They're beautiful! What's your problem?

Back
Top Bottom