Obviously not pure.

I would definitely try separating the "RIR" and see whether the blue eggs come from her or from the other two. Sometimes a chicken still lays eggs while being sick.
Another thing to mention that I'm confused about is that if the rir is still laying, would she lay everyday? I wouldn't think so, but they got 6 blue eggs, same size and color, within a week.

Another thing to mention that I'm confused about is that if the rir is still laying, would she lay everyday? I wouldn't think so, but they got 6 blue eggs, same size and color, within a week.
Some hens do lay every day, some do not.

6 eggs in one week from one hen is not particularly rare, especially in the spring.

oh yes i know that part, its just with the rir being sick, if its her egg i wouldnt think she'd lay that often, being sick.
I think it depends on the sickness. Some kinds of sickness definitely do affect egg laying, but some might not.

For each chicken, I see at least one reason that she "can't" lay those eggs, but obviously someone is. So I'm not sure we can rule out any of them right now.

RIR-- could be an Easter Egger, but is sick so might not be laying (or not laying well).
Wyandotte-- looks pure, but pure Wyandottes do not lay blue eggs.
Ayam Cemani-- that breed does not lay blue eggs, and you say it doesn't look obviously crossed either.

The rir passed today, so i suppose if we keep getting eggs, that are blue, its one of the other two.
Pictures of the ac and wyandotte(again):
20230402_175501.jpg

20230402_175319.jpg
20230402_175417.jpg

20230402_175338.jpg

The rir passed today, so i suppose if we keep getting eggs, that are blue, its one of the other two.
Pictures of the ac and wyandotte(again):
Sad that the RIR passesd :(

I don't know what to think about those two. I wouldn't expect either of them to lay blue eggs, but since the RIR was so sick she died I wouldn't really expect her to be laying eggs at all. I guess I'll wait to hear if the blue eggs continue.

Sad that the RIR passesd :(

I don't know what to think about those two. I wouldn't expect either of them to lay blue eggs, but since the RIR was so sick she died I wouldn't really expect her to be laying eggs at all. I guess I'll wait to hear if the blue eggs continue.
ill update y'all soon

Back
Top Bottom