October egg swap---sign-ups closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE PIPS!!! Two Marans and the one Olive Egger! They say....Peeeeeep peep peep peep!
They should be out tonight! Pics tomorrow! AND Im OFF! shhhhhhhh! or they will call me in!

yippiechickie.gif
That is so Great!!! Chicks
woot.gif

Quote:
No clue, lol. They are due to hatch on Monday. Even with my DHs super duper bazzilion candle power flashlight, I can't see anything through those shells, not even air cells, lol. At least I can say the eggs have great shells! No light spots or anything. So, fertility is a mystery, but there haven't been any smelly eggs so things seem to be going well. I'm excited and can't wait til Monday! The only hitch in incubation was a 105 degree temp spike for a few hours, not sure exactly how long because I was asleep when it happened but I've had it happen before with this incubator and still had a great hatch so
fl.gif
I'll let you know when/if they start hatching!

My hatch didn't go so well this week. Out of the eggs from the swap I got one chick out and 2 that have started out but they have been coming out for a few hours now. Even my own eggs didn't fair so well this week. I checked and alot of them quit on me after day 14. I don't know what happened????? I adjusted the temp up just alittle even though one temp read 99.3 and the other said just right at 100.....this is a first for me having them quit. Of course with 3 kids I don't know if they had messed with the eggs or bator.

Well Folks I ened up with two...
One Olive Egger and One Marans the others all died pipped but in shell over night.
Not sure what happened, all #s looked good, no spikes, didnt open bator, sometimes stuff just happens.

So I have Two cute lil Black fluffy butts! I am headed to Dr for carpal tunnel surgery consult but will get pics up when I get back this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom