October Hatch-a-long 2022🎃🐣🍁

Pics
Hi! Is it too late to join? I have babies due to hatch next Tuesday October 3rd if all goes well. I got shipped Cochin Bantum eggs that can be a variety of super fun colors!! I had a couple of yolkers at 10 days, but most are developing - so far so good! I'm doing a trial - the ones with attached air sacs will go into a separate incubator, laying flat, and the ones with detached air sacs will stay upright in their cartons through lockdown. Fingers crossed a few make it! :)
Never too late! Welcome!🥰
Can’t wait to see your Cochin babies!😍

This one is definitely my favorite 😍
Thanks!❤️
Yes, she is definitely the favorite and the most friendly but not in an obviously boy way!🤣
Her name is Maggie!
The blue spots are hidden now in the growing fluff but will show up again as she feathers out.
The other paint (also a blue paint) is Phoebe and the blue is Minerva. Daughter named them all.🥰
They are 15 days old now. Some updated photos from their first day out on the grass today. They were not quite sure what to make of it.
A0427E4B-117A-4E77-8571-1860F07FC69B.jpeg
27F771DE-2A46-4A31-BED1-71CDFF71C691.jpeg
F3ECA600-957A-4D7F-BE7E-B733A054FB6C.jpeg
94EB1F4F-80AF-4A02-B316-536DBA2F1101.jpeg

Thanks!❤️
Yes, she is definitely the favorite and the most friendly but not in an obviously boy way!🤣
Her name is Maggie!
The blue spots are hidden now in the growing fluff but will show up again as she feathers out.
The other paint (also a blue paint) is Phoebe and the blue is Minerva. Daughter named them all.🥰
They are 15 days old now. Some updated photos from their first day out on the grass today. They were not quite sure what to make of it.
View attachment 3273104View attachment 3273105View attachment 3273106View attachment 3273103
Hehehe look at those little fluffy butts!! I love it 🥰 Love the names too! Especially Minerva!

Thanks!❤️
Her name is Maggie!
View attachment 3273104View attachment 3273105View attachment 3273106View attachment 3273103
OMGeeze they are so stinkin adorable!!! I LUV the blue paints!!! So are they more creamy than white paints? Or just down feathers look creamy and they'll be white with the blue spots?

Ah these colors!!! I have tried so many times and yet to get any!!! From either my Silkie or Satin hatches!
So I'm joining in on the fun with yall but going bantam cochins baby!
Surely to goodness since I'm on the hunt for a good looking boy this time I'll get 1 out of 12 shipped eggs! Should be here later this week!
And once again...sooo much for me not hatching anymore til 2023!

Here's the potential colors!!!
Blue/Black/Chocolate mottle smooth and frizzle,
Porcelain/Mille,
Calico/Mille,
Lavender/Black splits smooth and frizzle,
Blue/Black/Splash smooth and frizzle,
Blue calico/mille and chocolate mottle,
Black/Chocolate smooth and frizzle

Hi! Is it too late to join? I have babies due to hatch next Tuesday October 3rd if all goes well. I got shipped Cochin Bantum eggs that can be a variety of super fun colors!! I had a couple of yolkers at 10 days, but most are developing - so far so good! I'm doing a trial - the ones with attached air sacs will go into a separate incubator, laying flat, and the ones with detached air sacs will stay upright in their cartons through lockdown. Fingers crossed a few make it! :)
That’s amazing that you two are hatching bantam cochin eggs! I hope you get some little fluffballs out of the hatch, bantam cochins are absolutely adorable with all their fluffiness.

Back
Top Bottom