October Hatch-A-Long

ChickyChickens

Chickening Around
5 Years
May 24, 2014
BYC? Epic <3
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys (i am not the best talented at words) so I am just going to say that this is (obviously) a thread for all the little fluff balls (and their owners) that are hatching ion October!
I have two broodies that just got their eggs and will be due in the beginning of October!
Anyone out there going to join me!

I am putting eggs in the incubator today. They are on their 24 sit after shipping. Also throwing in some of my own to fill it up.

Hello! I put 6 eggs under my broody australorp on Thursday afternoon. This is the very first time I've ever attempted hatching eggs and I'm so excited. Should I candle the eggs if Mama hen will let me near them?And should I bump her off the nest to eat and drink, she's not leaving voluntarily....

And..............I'm back! Just got done with hatching(my first hatch!!) in August and here I am, back for more LOL! Just set a dozen Ameraucana eggs, 10 EE eggs, 1 dorking and 1 Isbar. We'll see how the all turn out! My plan is to keep the Ameraucanas separate from the rest...not sure how I'll do that yet but I'm working on it! Anyway, here is a pic of the eggs when I set them this morning, before putting them in the auto turner. Good luck to all my hatching buddies!

Hello! I put 6 eggs under my broody australorp on Thursday afternoon. This is the very first time I've ever attempted hatching eggs and I'm so excited. Should I candle the eggs if Mama hen will let me near them?And should I bump her off the nest to eat and drink, she's not leaving voluntarily....
Yes, you should bump her off the nest once a day if she isn't doing it voluntarily!

I just set some more Ancona duck eggs today... they were shipped (all 8 had detached air cells) so I am starting them in the bator but hope to get them under my broody duck before they hatch! She has gone broody 3 times this Summer so hopefully this time she'll get some babies!
fl.gif

I just got another broody. She is sitting on 10 eggs due tin the beginning of October! I have now got 4 hen due in the beginning of October. It is just to much...
barnie.gif

Is anyone using a Hova Bator? The humidity is at 65% - is that too high and how can I adjust that if it is?

Back
Top Bottom