October hatch along?!?!

Pics

Hedgeland Farms

Crowing
May 5, 2022
Southern Illinois
Anyone else out there due to hatch in Oct?
I set my eggs yesterday giving me a hatch date of Oct 18th. These are from my Galaxy group (barred rocks) they are my dual purpose bird.
We just harvested the Comets which were hatched from barred rock eggs bought on Ebay. They weren't pure barred which was unfortunate bc I am looking to add 2 roosters to my galaxy flock....

Anywho...feel free to join...of you're a little nutty like me and are doing a late season hatch 🤣

Attachments

• 20230927_161402.jpg
    20230927_161402.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 334
I have 2 sets due to hatch in October.
The first set goes on lockdown Oct.1. The second set are just on day 6. They're all Ebay babies too.
I'm not crazy about hatching this late but my flock was slaughtered by loose dogs so when I found eggs Hubby didn't collect, I put them in the incubator. They're just backyard chickens but I now have 6 lil beauties in the brooder. They're 3 weeks old now.

I hatched those in a styrofoam bator. I baby-sat that thing! I just felt like I should have had a better hatch rate so I ordered a new kebonnixz. Hubby didn't know I ordered one so he went out and got me a NB360.

I don't know how it happened but somehow silkie eggs found their way into the first incubator!! Well, I had to compare the two incubators, right?!? So now there are 4 (8 out of 12 were scrambled during shipping) in the one and 12 in the other. Happy Hatching!!😁

The first set goes on lockdown Oct.1. The second set are just on day 6. They're all Ebay babies too.
I'm not crazy about hatching this late but my flock was slaughtered by loose dogs so when I found eggs Hubby didn't collect, I put them in the incubator. They're just backyard chickens but I now have 6 lil beauties in the brooder. They're 3 weeks old now.

I hatched those in a styrofoam bator. I baby-sat that thing! I just felt like I should have had a better hatch rate so I ordered a new kebonnixz. Hubby didn't know I ordered one so he went out and got me a NB360.

I don't know how it happened but somehow silkie eggs found their way into the first incubator!! Well, I had to compare the two incubators, right?!? So now there are 4 (8 out of 12 were scrambled during shipping) in the one and 12 in the other. Happy Hatching!!😁
Happy hatching to you too!!!

Excited to not be the only one

Are you dry hatching??

I am dry hatching... my hatch rate was so good last time using this method...and honestly it was a lot less stress

Are you dry hatching??

I am dry hatching... my hatch rate was so good last time using this method...and honestly it was a lot less stress
I am not, but after reading about it I might do a test run in the styrofoam bator just to see how it does. It's been pretty humid here this summer so dry hatching may be the key with it. See if I can get the hang of it before I put any eggs in.
I could use less stress lol

Back
Top Bottom