October Marans/Welsummer Mix Hatch-A-Long 2021

Update : Cat decided to knock the incubator this afternoon, and got the paper towel I had under the eggs got drenched. Didn't want to open it as it just went into lockdown but decided to grab the soaked towel and place a dry one. Hoping this doesn't ruin the batch. Lesson learned don't trust kitties around incubators 😟

Update : Cat decided to knock the incubator this afternoon, and got the paper towel I had under the eggs got drenched. Didn't want to open it as it just went into lockdown but decided to grab the soaked towel and place a dry one. Hoping this doesn't ruin the batch. Lesson learned don't trust kitties around incubators 😟
Eeek! Naughty cat!

No eggs broke? If so, I am sure they will be fine. I had dirty eggs hatch before. An egg broke on top of them and when I noticed it was too late. The broody hen did great though.

No eggs broke? If so, I am sure they will be fine. I had dirty eggs hatch before. An egg broke on top of them and when I noticed it was too late. The broody hen did great though.
No broken eggs. Just all of them got a bit damp. So no worries should be good hopefully will see some pips in the next 2 days :). I kinda want to be awake while they pip to see the magic :).

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS. We have our first little pip. Today is mid day on day 20, so a little early. I'm eggcited lol. I'll keep you updated as the little ones hatch out in the next day :D
image0 (3).jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom