Ocular type Marek's-pics

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
My BO rooster , I think, has slowly been wasting for months, like 4-6 months. He's 2 years old. His 2 nest mates died when they were 6 and 10 months old. Same story, just wasted away over a period of months.

My BO roo, Clarence , does not have round pupils. I have tried and tried to convince myself that he doesn't, but he does, both of them, which is odd to me. I'll try to get pics tonight when they roost.

He is in with 3 Polish that are 4.5 years old, and 5 hens that are under a year and all been vaccinated by the hatchery and quarantined.
I just don't know if I should leave him in there, or take him out, or take the Polish girls out, or leave them alone, or take all the hens out. I just don't know.

hit.gif
I thought my nightmare from last summer was over. I guess not.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jim. I thought for months he was thin because he was a good rooster always on guard. I can say this, he is wasting. There is never anything in his crop. He used to drop treats for the girls, now he gobbles them down like he's starving. Last week I thought his pupils looked small campared to the others.

I guess separating him would be the thing. But he'll be so upset.

Back
Top Bottom