Odd Facial growth Pekin female

pigcoon

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Vermont
Hello, I have an 8 year old Pekin female that is starting to exhibit some leg weakness and lower level of self grooming. She's getting up there in age, but this week I noticed she's starting to get this odd looking facial pattern. I have to take a closer look, but has anyone seen something like this on their ducks? The third picture is her sister. She looked like this until a couple of weeks ago. For comparison.
IMG_7756.jpeg

IMG_7754.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7757.jpeg
    IMG_7757.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 2
It's crazy that 49 people have looked at this post and no one has any thoughts! I'm wondering if this is because I didn't answer all the official questions (I found that thread afterwards) or no one has seen this before. It sure would be nice if someone would just respond and say 'no clue!' rather than making me feel invisible. I wonder if this community has changed. I had spent a lot more time here a few years ago and people were so helpful. :(

I'm not very experienced with ducks, as I don't have them myself, so I'll try and tag some of the duck people in a second, I have to remember who they are...but I wonder if it's a fungal growth. Is she eating and drinking well? What's her activity level? What does the spot feel like, crusty, soft, peeling, etc.?

As for the 49 people who viewed your thread, it's likely that some or all of them were robots. Also if a post is in the "unanswered threads" list, it's sometimes more likely to get answered, so some people don't answer with some little thing that's unhelpful. The BYC community is still super helpful, we just don't have as many duck experts.

Back
Top Bottom