Odd habits your animals may have

i have a goat that thinks its a dog. he is with four other goats. he will hop in the truck with me and go for rides, leash trained and loves to open the back door and walk right in the house!

i have a cat that.. ummm likes to hump my leg... he is neutered

i have a pigeon that for some reason thinks that when the chickens lay eggs, she sits on the chicken eggs.. they are bigger than she is! really weird! lol!

i have a 80 pound australian sheperd, and she knows like an hour before a storm is sopose to come, that she has to be on somones head if they are laying down. if she cant find some one to lay on shell go hide in the bathroom!

i have a calico cat that loves to hord stuff. its so weird! she likes shinny stuff especially. one time she someone got my moms wedding ring, and carried all thru the house and dropped it on the kitchen table right infront of us! she hides stuff in the litter box, or her food bowl. one time she took off with my expensive camera and drug it around the house and we found it in her little box when i went to clean the box out! yuck!

I had a wonderful hen who lived with me for 8 years. She would come when she was called and jump up in the air to grab grapes. She lived in a house just inside our back door and came in thru the kitty door every night to go to bed.

She was the inspiration for my first business name - Computerchick. If you want to read her story she had a blog at http://computerchick.com/pips.htm .

I used to have a cat that loved to be blow dried. He would sit on the toilet while I got ready for work waiting for his turn. If I wasn't fast enough, he would reach out a paw and tap me on the leg as if to say "Hurry up, my turn!" He also would follow me around when I vacuumed, meowing, until I would put the brush attachment on and vacuum him with it. And finally, he would curl up with anyone who was sleeping and suck on their neck. He was an odd cat, but always knew when I was down and would do kitty antics to cheer me up or sit on my lap, reach up with his paws and put them on either side of my face and just stare with his big green eyes at me as if to let me know everything would be all right. It's been almost 17 years he's been gone and I still miss him.
Liz

My old cockateil had a foot fetish too!!!!
lol.png
Even with shoes on, or socks. He just looooved feet. He'd stand on my toes and dance and sing and make the cutest kissing noises to them. He also tried to mate with my feet a few times, LOL he got kicked off whenever that happened.

I have a cat that drinks by dipping his paw in the water and sipping off the bottom...for all the world like a human. He also drools when being petted.

I had a Lab that had his own friends in town that he would visit....some he watched TV with, some he just hung out with, he would go to the local bank and go through the drive-through for his dog biscuit, go to the local deli for his treat and wait there for the neighbors to give him a ride home. When we would come home he would be sitting upright in the porch swing...swinging! He would chase our car through town when we went somewhere without him, trying to bum a ride. He knew so many people and had so many friends (that we never knew about) that, when he died of cancer, people kept calling to find out where he was. To avoid going through the sad story over and over to each caller, we had to put his picture and obituary in the local paper! Greatest dog in the world! Jim Dandy, may you be sitting on Heaven's porch swing waiting for me.....

Last edited:
My cay Daisy is a Siamese. Whenever you get near her she literally THROWS herself- not a graceful feline swoon, she actually throws her body very hard and with a large thump- on her back on the floor, tummy up, and begs to be petted. We call this odd behavior "Shmooping". Oh, and she is not under the influence of catnip while she does this. She also LOOOOVES to be pet while she eats, something most cats will hate you for.

My Cattledog has ticklish feet. She hates for someone to touch her toes. She has a nack to know when I'm starting to daydream while driving the hour drive home from work and will thump me in the arm to raise me from my thoughts.

My butterscotch tabby sleeps between my husbands legs with her head on his butt! I think that's why she has some mental issues!

My grey tabby climbs on limbs that even squirrels are afraid of!! I've seen her chase a squirrel around a wooden building. Not on the ground around the building, but like in cartoons. Actually running around the sides of the building, 3 foot up the walls!!! Scared the crap out of the squirrel too!!

My fat cat, Mask, doesn't know how to meow. He squeaks! This out of a 20lb cat! The least he could do would be roar or something!!!

My cat Tinker likes to chew on plastic wrapping (like on new CD cases) and scotch tape. She gets obsessive about it, I have to hide the tape. I have no idea why....maybe I should buy her some floss??
lol.png

Friend of mine had a Siamese that was obsessed with money...she would come home and the money would be taken out of her purse, off the dresser, etc. and torn to shreds all over the house. She had to lock up her purse when she was home or the cat would manage to get the zippers, snaps, ect. open and attack her money!

Back
Top Bottom