Odd question?!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by georgeee, Feb 14, 2017.

1. georgeee

georgeee New Egg

May 9, 2016
    Hello!
    I have two girl Indian Runners (10 months). One of my girls started laying for the first time recently but nothing at all from the other girl. The girl duck who I am pretty sure isn't laying (the other is always rather proud and shows me her egg) regularly mounts the other and does her thing is that normal for two girls? They bow to each other and I always thought it might be a dominance thing but now doubting myself!
    Is this normal behaviour for two girls? We have no other ducks just the two and they are besotted with each other.
    Thank you for your help!

2. swp247

swp247 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2016
    Florida
    we have two female Pekins and oh yes they mount each other every morning in their pool. It's normal. They are 9 months. I get two eggs each day but still don't know who is laying. Both or one. They act happy and normal so no worries. I have one Muscovy 6mo just started laying.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  3. Jpg1961

Jpg1961 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2016
    NE Pennsilvania
    I have 4 khaki 's and my girls do the same thing. One of my girls was laying an egg a day but the other girl nothing,went to there house this morning and there was 6 eggs in the nest so one was holding out till she was ready I guess.These are first time layers they are 5 months old.And yes they are goofy little animals they do some strange things keeps me laughing.

4. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Being you have no Drake they take out their sexual frustration on each other......Yes, Normal behaviour.....

Cheers!!!!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by