Odd shaped egg

abpatchy

Free Ranging
12 Years
May 1, 2012
Germany
I just wanted to share this odd shaped egg I got yesterday. It is kinda shaped like a minion...just the color is off. It doesn't really show in the picture but it is almost flat on both sides, top and bottom. It is heavier than regular eggs, so I'm wondering if it might be a double yolker.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 25
I just wanted to share this odd shaped egg I got yesterday. It is kinda shaped like a minion...just the color is off. It doesn't really show in the picture but it is almost flat on both sides, top and bottom. It is heavier than regular eggs, so I'm wondering if it might be a double yolker.
Interesting!
Please take some photos of what's inside as well as the shell (wonder if the shell is "thicker" than normal.

It's a chicken egg? I have a chicken that tends to give double-yolk egg, her eggs are bigger but never that shape. What breed is your chicken?
yes, it's a chicken egg. I have Sulmtaler chickens. She is one year old. I have never seen an egg like this before.

Interesting!
Please take some photos of what's inside as well as the shell (wonder if the shell is "thicker" than normal.
It was a large egg yolk, but nothing unusual. The shell was normal. It was just the odd shape.

Attachments

• 20210316_135554.jpg
    20210316_135554.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom