Odd Situation with Breeder on Ebay

I agree with Jody, I know for a fact she does all she can for ensuring good hatching eggs......I'm sure this lady your talking about it doing the same thing....

Bravo, Jody... Bravissimo!!!!

If the lady were trying to "put it to you" she would not have offered you another choice of breed OR a refund!! If she were a bad seller, she'd have either sent you "old" eggs or would have told you that you were $h*t out of luck!! She didn't do either of those things! Sounds like a darn good seller to me!!

I had more to say, but don't want to make anyone mad!
roll.png

Robert

Last edited:
I've sold and bought on Ebay and Yahoo Auctions for nearly 10 years. It's not often that a seller is willing to offer you a refund, so that's a plus for her but also something I'd expect given she sold you something she isn't able to give you. Regardless, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt at least until Monday but absolutely do not let this wait until Spring. If she doesn't produce the results you want within the time she says, get a refund and look elsewhere for what you want. Also, I'd try to part ways with this seller on a positive note, if at all possible, just in case she has the exact eggs you want in the Spring, so you can choose to buy from her then.

Remember, be cautious on Ebay and protect yourself but don't let what could be a good seller go unrewarded. There just aren't enough of us on there as it is.
smile.png

I wish you all the best.
~Kelly

Well I could give you the long version or the short version of my opinion...not that either matters..lol.

The short version is from everything you have said I would buy from that seller !!

Good luck, hope it works out how you want.

Julie
smile.png

I'm in a similar situation here. I too bought some eggs off ebay last week-end and then her hens stopped laying. She was hoping to have them in mail yesterday and here by Monday. I know how my hens can pretty much stop out of the blue for what ever reason, so at this point in time I'm willing to be patient. She too has very positive feed back and when you're dealing with a living animal we sometimes have no control over them.

That happened to me before but I was buying a cellphone and right after the auction the guys said we lost the phone would you like this phone instead. Shes trying to play you I would leave a feedback she is trying to scam you and get on with it and go get your eggs some where else. Also go look at her feedback and see if there has been troubles with this before, on ebay people feedback can tell you a story of a good seller or a scam artist.

I do not think this seller is trying to scam you. I do think the seller may be inexperienced with selling eggs on eBay.

Most of the egg auctions I see end on the weekend and require immediate payment so the eggs can ship on Monday. This lessens the chance they may sit at the post office over the weekend. Since this auction ended on a Wednesday, I have a feeling the seller didn't consider this, so they may be new to selling eggs.

As far as feedback on eBay is concerned, I think a lot of people forget that it is VOLUNTARY, which means whether you are the buyer or the seller, you can choose when to leave it, why to leave it, or even whether to leave it at all. The feedback debate rages on and on forever on the eBay forums, and if you read it, you would think they were debating over politics or religion.

As a long-time eBay seller, I have my own policies and reasons for those policies for leaving feedback, which I am not going to share here because I have no interest in debating them. Some people have feedback policies that are different than mine, but since feedback is voluntary, they are practicing well within eBay rules, so I do not understand the need to bash them for it as so many other people do.

Last edited:
Well, thats the vibe im getting, but I didnt read anything about full refund. If she is offering a full refund get your money and go else where if she doesnt got what your looking for and shes having a problem with her flock.

Back
Top Bottom