Odd thing in crop

Does she have access to grit?

I know grit usually grinds things up in the gizzard, and the strange object is not in her gizzard yet.

But if the hen chooses to eat grit, there may be a chance of it scratching up the strange object as the grit goes through the crop on its way to the gizzard. I would not force her to eat grit, but just leaving it available might be good. :idunno

Does she have access to grit?

I know grit usually grinds things up in the gizzard, and the strange object is not in her gizzard yet.

But if the hen chooses to eat grit, there may be a chance of it scratching up the strange object as the grit goes through the crop on its way to the gizzard. I would not force her to eat grit, but just leaving it available might be good. :idunno
Oooo she has been inside for half of the day for a few days due to her ascites and I didn’t think of putting grit in her cage, thank you for that! Tomorrow I will give her access to some.
also I gave some Coca Cola, she didn’t seem to interested so I droppered some into her.

Oooo she has been inside for half of the day for a few days due to her ascites and I didn’t think of putting grit in her cage, thank you for that! Tomorrow I will give her access to some.
also I gave some Coca Cola, she didn’t seem to interested so I droppered some into her.
How is she doing?

How is she doing?
Thank you for asking!
so nothing too new, for the past two days i have been trying to break the object in half and i was finally able to. They are both about 1.5-2 inches in length so i doubt she can digest it. Her crop is very small and i couldnt really tell if her crop digested this morning.
her ascites seems to be calming down a little bit so i am hoping i can let her be with her friends soon and she will want to start eating more.
Since it is broken up in half there is nothing much I can do now, i cant break it up anymore so i will continue with the coca cola and other things i have been giving.
Sadly though i have Been having to dropper her all of her little treatments and it seems like she got a bit in her lungs, i didn’t feel like i was doing anything wrong and i spread out the times i gave it to her so she could swallow but she started having very raspy breathing and it really seemed like she had liquid in them. I stopped giving her the treatments after that so she didnt get all of it today but she got most. Any other suggestions on how to give her these things?

Thank you for asking!
so nothing too new, for the past two days i have been trying to break the object in half and i was finally able to. They are both about 1.5-2 inches in length so i doubt she can digest it. Her crop is very small and i couldnt really tell if her crop digested this morning.
her ascites seems to be calming down a little bit so i am hoping i can let her be with her friends soon and she will want to start eating more.
Since it is broken up in half there is nothing much I can do now, i cant break it up anymore so i will continue with the coca cola and other things i have been giving.
Sadly though i have Been having to dropper her all of her little treatments and it seems like she got a bit in her lungs, i didn’t feel like i was doing anything wrong and i spread out the times i gave it to her so she could swallow but she started having very raspy breathing and it really seemed like she had liquid in them. I stopped giving her the treatments after that so she didnt get all of it today but she got most. Any other suggestions on how to give her these things?
So glad to hear that. She is very lucky to have you as her owner. I can tell you love her, and that makes me happy. You sound like an awesome chicken owner and a good person for trying to help her. I really hate it when people just cull birds for being sick or hurt, when they never tried to help. Keep up the good work! Thank you for resopnding by the way!

Back
Top Bottom