Odd-toed bantams...what are we? *second mystery chick pic added!*

Five toe'd feather legged could be a porclien D'uccle, a Sultan, or a salmon faveralle. The puffy cheeked 4 toed baby could possibly be an EE bantam.
smile.png

D'Uccles do not have five toes...

It could be a bantam Sultan. They have five toes and beards, and are included in the assortment if they sourced from Privett...

http://www.privetthatchery.com/Home/prdDetails.aspx?id=FLB

The first chick looks like it could be a blue MF D'Uccle.

Last edited:
D'Uccles do not have five toes...

It could be a bantam Sultan. They have five toes and beards, and are included in the assortment if they sourced from Privett...

http://www.privetthatchery.com/Home/prdDetails.aspx?id=FLB

The first chick looks like it could be a blue MF D'Uccle.
Thanks!! I think that looks very much like chick #1! Awesome...

I don't think chick 2 is a Sultan, I have raised them before andhe doesn't seem to have the head bump like my others did. I'm glad I decided to take him, he is providing us with a lot of guesswork entertainment. :)

I'm starting to feel confident that chick #2 is a bantam white Cochin with extra toes. Does that frequently happen?

I'm starting to feel confident that chick #2 is a bantam white Cochin with extra toes. Does that frequently happen?

I'm really not sure. I wonder if it's just an anomaly, would it show up in both feet like that? I would guess it's more likely one of the other 5-toed breeds (Dorking, Faverolle, & Houdan)...obviously not a Silkie, and like you said, probably not a Sultan...

I'm really not sure. I wonder if it's just an anomaly, would it show up in both feet like that? I would guess it's more likely one of the other 5-toed breeds (Dorking, Faverolle, & Houdan)...obviously not a Silkie, and like you said, probably not a Sultan...
It makes me wonder, too, about the likelihood of it being present in both feet. Maybe that's how it works? The feet aren't strange looking at all, they look like perfect 5-toed feet. I sent a pic of the little guy to the hatchery to see if they will be able to tell what is going on.I do know one thing, he is sweet natured!

I think we have it figured after a ton of research referencing pics that are better than the ones on the hatchery's site. I'm leaning towards Porcelain d'Uccle o the buff winged one,and a white Cochin on the white winged one, for whatever reason expressing the 5-toed gene. So, total count is: 1 OEGB(not sure on color), 1 black Japanese, 2 self blue d'Uccle, 1 Porcelain d'Uccle, 1 weird white Cochin. Sweet.

Last edited:
He is definitely not a Silkie, he has regular white feathers growing in on his wings, and yellow skin.

Back
Top Bottom