odd visitor this morning

Quote:
ohhh I didn't even think about that - we have two feeders very close to the fronts steps - dd just made one a gs on monday with peanut butter and bird seed on a pine cone and the other is a gallon milk jug full of seed so maybe that's why it was hanging out there hmmmmm

If I'm not mistaken, I'd have to go and check since there's lot of random facts floating around in my head, doves are ground feeders. They'll clean up seed spillage from raised feeders.

I think youre right. I always see them under the feeder.. never on

Quote:
ohhh I didn't even think about that - we have two feeders very close to the fronts steps - dd just made one a gs on monday with peanut butter and bird seed on a pine cone and the other is a gallon milk jug full of seed so maybe that's why it was hanging out there hmmmmm

If I'm not mistaken, I'd have to go and check since there's lot of random facts floating around in my head, doves are ground feeders. They'll clean up seed spillage from raised feeders.

big_smile.png
very interesting I had no idea - I love living in the country

Quote:
That's what I kept telling the hummingbirds when they hung around until mid-November. Umm, you guys might wanna get a move on.

Quote:
That's what I kept telling the hummingbirds when they hung around until mid-November. Umm, you guys might wanna get a move on.

Never fear- they are at my house now
smile.png

I love the mourning doves. There was a pair this Spring that hung out with my chickens, every time I opened their run for them to forage, the pair of doves would swoop down and hang out with my flock. They would go into the run and hang out in there too. I'm sure they were enjoying the scratch on the ground too.

They LOVE thistle seed/niger seeds. Maybe you could sprinkle a bunch on your step for him/her?

Back
Top Bottom