Hawk Attack

David61

Crowing
Jul 27, 2019
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Failed . It tried to reach in the 2x4 wire netted run. 2/3 of the 16 lady's ran into the 6x14 armored coop/run door. The hawk flew up off the ground when i got out there but stayed in a tree just above me while i checked the girls. It was 15 feet away and 15 feet up the tree looking at me. Not afraid, ok then i got something for that. It was still sitting there when i got back but it saw something in my hand and took off before i could use it. I got 12 eggs today and 8-10 a day is par. for this December. I hope my egg production does not drop.
I'll pull antiaircraft duty for a week and down any who come in a no fly zone. My new ground forces are only 5 months old but have already been blooded in battle. She is a big girl @ 50lbs. She has two confirmed rat kills. She was on squeaky tool duty next to my chair when the alarm went off. She was out the door as fast as i was but didn't know what to make of it. She has full access around the coop and run. She is a mighty force now at just 5 months old and when she tops out arould 80lbs next christmas, you better be on Santa's nice list.
IMG_E5603.JPG

Is there a top over the run? If the hawk dives right into the run your mighty snowman will be unable to offer protection. Glad she is proven with rats.

I ran off two different hawks last year using a broom. Scared 'em good. Heard an owl this evening and secured the hoop coop. Thinking about a rat terrier.

She is pretty but not going to be afraid of her.

We had a hawk attach today too and lost a young chicken. Our run is to big to cover. I am always out in the run when I see a hawk and stay there till they fly away. We have our Rottweiler run the chicken run every once in a while.

It's illegal to feed wild animals. SSS
Nobody killed anything. I didn't even get a chance to harass. Lets hope it stays that way. I have done all i can do with fencing, netting and guard dog. I do not feed wild life. And they don't feed on me.
I'm sure it will not been seen around here anymore so no problems.

Many people shoot off guns at the stroke of midnight to celebrate New Year's Day. Many people shoot off guns early because they can't stay up that late.

Back
Top Bottom