My roosters injured a hawk what do I do?

For what ever reason people have over the years become used to using chemicals and poisons and all sorts of horrible things that they were never supposed to be around. It's a habit that people really should try to break. In truth all chemical pesticides will cause health problems you probably won't just drop dead from them. But in time sadly they will cause problems you just probably won't be able to say exactly what it was that caused the health issue. And that's how they are still currently able to sell these products and claim them to be safe.
Over the years I've seen many products that where supposedly perfectly safe and everyone used them. Only to see years later that they found the product wasn't safe and had caused all sorts of horrible problems. Then they would come out with a new product that everyone said actually really was safe this time and is so much better than that poisonous thing that they used to use. But eventually after time it to was proven to cause severe problems. And it all just keeps repeating itself. 🙄 I keep wondering when people will catch on...probably never. 🤷 I feel bad for them really.

Just so you guys know everyone here on this site is awesome. And I respect all your opinions 👍🏻

For what ever reason people have over the years become used to using chemicals and poisons and all sorts of horrible things that they were never supposed to be around. It's a habit that people really should try to break. In truth all chemical pesticides will cause health problems you probably won't just drop dead from them. But in time sadly they will cause problems you just probably won't be able to say exactly what it was that caused the health issue. And that's how they are still currently able to sell these products and claim them to be safe.
Over the years I've seen many products that where supposedly perfectly safe and everyone used them. Only to see years later that they found the product wasn't safe and had caused all sorts of horrible problems. Then they would come out with a new product that everyone said actually really was safe this time and is so much better than that poisonous thing that they used to use. But eventually after time it to was proven to cause severe problems. And it all just keeps repeating itself. 🙄 I keep wondering when people will catch on...probably never. 🤷 I feel bad for them really.

Just so you guys know everyone here on this site is awesome. And I respect all your opinions 👍🏻
Wow! This is so true.

Unfortunately, I can't. Sevin dust is usually only reserved for the worst infestations. Within proper use, it's fine.
Maybe I can attach part of it.
Screenshot_20240315_232017_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240315_232101_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I definitely agree with you! 💯 but I have a question if you don't mind I don't want to sound rude but if you are who I think you are then this can't offend you. Are you a human?

G

Hopefully the hawk is just gone now. Frankly, I wouldn't make the call. Tell your chickens I am very proud of them for the defeat.
I agree. The hawk attacked your chickens on your property and they fought to survive. I would dispose of it in the woods and definitely not call anyone.

Just read through this and you have a truly amazing flock.

We have all sorts of birds of prey here. From Hawks to Bald Eagles, they have all either circled my coop or set in nearby trees eyeing the run like a starving person at an all you can eat buffet.

If your birds are in a run, do you have a net up over it? I do and so far no incursions. If a protected species breaches the security I have set up and gets in my run I plan to call the local conservation people and tell them to come get their bird before I turn my Old English Game Bantam roosters loose on it and it dies from death by a thousand pecks. I have no doubt that my roosters would do the same thing and my Fayoumi hens are fierce fighters also.

Sorry the hawk died. They are beautiful creatures but gladder that your hen is okay and your birds took care of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom