Odering Eggs from EBAY

I've got eggs from 3 sellers. This spring I had two batches of eggs from 2 different sellers. One batch, none developed and the seller offered to send me more for shipping cost. The other batch, 2 developed, but didn't hatch. Now I have some eggs under my Silkie hen that came from ebay. So far, so good. We have five chicks out of 6 eggs. Just waiting to see if they hatch next week. So... every experience will be different, I guess. You just have to know it's a gamble.

I have bought eggs on ebay but it was 2 years ago and things probably have changed. I would purchase again if the person selling is respectable and if they had really good feedback.

I agree with you Cyn.
But obviously my 1st choice would be to drive to get them, if close enough.

Here's another question....
Since the PO is so bad at wrecking eggs.....then those of you who order them from a hatchery, how do they come? By PO or UPS? UPS can be as rough as the post office. Just curious. Thanks!
~C~

I'm a newbie here...

I bought from ebay.. they are in the bator as of yesterday. I bought from a seller I have full faith in.

Thanks to everyone posting their experiences, I didn't get my hopes up too high. I know it is risky, but was willing to take the gamble, so far, I was pleasantly surprised. Thank you to all for posting!

When the postman pulled up and was flying over the speed bump.. I almost lost my lunch.. LOL

Amazingly, Only 2 were cracked and the seller is replacing them with my next purchase! I bid on 6 and got 9.

Keeping fingers crossed for pretty white showgirls Oct 17th!

I ordered off ebay. Ordered 6+ and got 15 eggs!!! I'm on day 8 and have definite movement in 3 and several other possibles. I have had problems regulating temp so any problems with others could definitely be due to me. The person I bought them from said I could have more eggs for the price of shipping if I didn't have any hatch. It did take 4 days for them to get here though.

I *won* 20 on auction. I got 24, 17 hatched. Pretty good percentage
wink.png

Krista

Back
Top Bottom