OEG??? please help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sunket77, Feb 22, 2012.

1. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    Hey everyone,

A friend gave my son a rooster that she got from the local feed store, she thought he was a japanese, after getting a better look and thinking and comparing photos I don't think he is, I think he might be a black OEG bantam that has not been dubbed. I am really familiar with japanese, my son raises them, but he lost almost his entire flock to unknown circumstances (we couldn't really determine what exactly happened). It was a very nice gesture and at first glance he does look like a black jap with really long legs. BUT after looking at his stance, the size of his comb and leg color (black/blue) I don't think he is a poor quality jap but a young OEGB. He has scaley leg real bad so it will take a while to get it cleared up. PLEASE OEG experts is this what I have???

thanks!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like an oeg. he has leg mites it looks like vasiline will help take of that problem but if he has leg mites i would dust him for other mites as well

3. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    yeah I am treating him with adams and putting petrolium jelly on his legs, I have never dealt with scaley leg before I hope I can get it cleared up! I am not sure yet if I am going to keep him since we don't have any this breed but he is a nice boy and seems to be a good example of OEGB from what I can tell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by