OEGB breeders wanted to look at new birds!!!!

I don't really like small birds, but your self blues are gorgeous! Nice score
wink.png

The colors are perfect on the BBred and the self blues have a wonderful breast and body conformation from what I can tell from a picture.. I cant really tell the way the BBReds are standing, but looks like you got some quality birds there. Nice Score
thumbsup.gif
You see a lot more females of the game birds at shows cause a lot of people don't want to dub the males.

Last edited:
Not a bad start. The BB Red male & the Self-Blue female are particularly nice. There's a bit of shafting on the BB Red females but not too bad.
Dubbing isn't as bad as it sounds. I was hesitant the first time I ever did it but once I got past that it was ok. Most birds don't react much at all & wit the application of some Blood Stop Powder there's very little bleeding. Usually when I'm done dubbing a bird I put them down & they go back to eating or scratching ing the dirt. I've even had them immediately go tread a hen.
To look like games they have to be dubbed. I know somw people who don't like the idea of dubbing so they show only their females & cockerels. Cockerels don't have to be dubbed, only cocks. Dubbing isn't done at birth, it's done when the comb is fully grown.
Another possibility if you like the looks of a large single comb is to consider Dutch Bantams or Leghorn Bantams. Both come in a variety of colours & they don't have to be dubbed.

ps-I was one of the judges at that show.

Quote:
That is because it is still a lttle early for males to be in condition, especially the cockerlls. I have yet to dub an OE male this year. You generally don't see the males pick up till about the middle of October, and then you will start to see the pullets and hens decline about November when they start laying.
Plus it is like I said the females are easier to show.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom