OEGB mama adopted all of them!! pics!!

Aww how adorable!
big_smile.png
And what a good mama she is! You are very lucky.
smile.png
This reeaaalllllyy makes me wish my new chicks were here, I just love those lil fuzzy butts! (who doesn't?
lol.png
)

Last edited:
This looks very much like my little splash hen! The first year I had her, she hatched only 4 chicks. I had been hatching some in the incubator as well, and didn't feel like brooding the bator babies in the house, so I gave them to her. 19 chicks is what she ended up with
lau.gif
She lost only one due to it getting caught behind the nest box in the cage I had them in. Luckily it was very warm out, cause she wasn't able to fully cover them all once they were 2-3 weeks old! But I'm sure with that many warm little bodies, they created plenty of heat
love.gif

?? bantiesrule the third pic there is a blueish mostly white chick out front on the food source what type of oegb is that, i have one that looks exactly like that & wondered because i thought splash but doesnt fit the usual splash chick look... any help is appreciated

Adorable! And a beautiful hen. She looks very much like our smallest Serama/OEGB hen, Chicklet, who hatched out five d'Uccle chicks for us this spring. She, too, was an excellent mother.

Quote:
The only rooster I have is a self blue. I'm almost positive the egg came from a fawn hen. I had 2 chicks that color and so far they are staying blue. What color they will be once they are grown or what they will throw, I don't know at all. Right now it looks like they are both roos though
barnie.gif

Last summer I had a broody hen on 10 eggs. I also ordered by mail 15 chicks. By coincidence they all arrived on the same day(newly hatched and to the post office) I very carefully introduced the mail babies to the new Mom. She eagerly accepted them all! She wonderfully mothered 26 chicks(1 extra came in the mail) Was quite the site, all of them trying to fit under her! All surrived to adulthood and are laying up a storm now~ congrats on your brood!

Back
Top Bottom