• Cheezle Splat: Male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mistletoe: Male

• Custard: Male

• Total voters
Okay, chicken maths at its best:

We were going to get ONE OEGB rooster... we got SIX baby OEGBs!
Okaaaaay.... They all died. But know we have three more chicks and I have more questions.

1. Is there any gender tells that can help you with sexing them? Eg, eye liner...?
2. How old are these little ones?
3. How much are they meant to weigh at hatch date, one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 1 1/2 months, and 2 months?
4. Do males have different colouring to the females?
5. What colour are they?

(SORRY! SOOOOOO many photos! 😬 )

Attachments

• IMG_7521.JPG
    IMG_7521.JPG
    495 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7520.JPG
    IMG_7520.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7519.JPG
    IMG_7519.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7518.JPG
    IMG_7518.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7517.JPG
    IMG_7517.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7516.JPG
    IMG_7516.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7515.JPG
    IMG_7515.JPG
    451.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7529.JPG
    IMG_7529.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7528.JPG
    IMG_7528.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7527.JPG
    IMG_7527.JPG
    389.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7526.JPG
    IMG_7526.JPG
    446.5 KB · Views: 6
Okaaaaay.... They all died. But know we have three more chicks and I have more questions.

1. Is there any gender tells that can help you with sexing them? Eg, eye liner...?
3. How much are they meant to weigh at hatch date, one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 1 1/2 months, and 2 months?
5. What colour are they?

I'm so sorry you lost those chicks. That's awful. Did you discover why they died so these aren't destined for the same fate? Whenever my OEGB's were chicks, @RoostersAreAwesome and @tn_artist were so amazing with identifying what I had. Sometimes it takes time to tell with 100% accuracy (once they start to feather in), but they'll probably have a very good idea. I've tagged them and they'll be able to help if they're available. I wish you the best with these chicks. I love OEGB's so much. They're wonderful little birds 💜

5. What colour are they?

These look like black breasted reds. They’re about 2 weeks old. You’ll be able to tell which ones are cockerels when the cockerels get black feathers on their chests.

I'm so sorry you lost those chicks. That's awful. Did you discover why they died so these aren't destined for the same fate? Whenever my OEGB's were chicks, @RoostersAreAwesome and @tn_artist were so amazing with identifying what I had. Sometimes it takes time to tell with 100% accuracy (once they start to feather in), but they'll probably have a very good idea. I've tagged them and they'll be able to help if they're available. I wish you the best with these chicks. I love OEGB's so much. They're wonderful little birds 💜
Thanks! And no we didn't, but they were extremely undernourished.

These look like black breasted reds. They’re about 2 weeks old. You’ll be able to tell which ones are cockerels when the cockerels get black feathers on their chests.
I don't know what to think, gender wise. They would be about a month and a half now.
The first photo is of Custard.
The second of Cheezle Splat... mmm, weird name...🤦‍♀️
Third of Mistletoe.
And the last is of Flash, my first OEGB. She is younger than they are in these photos, but I conveniently stopped taking photos of her after that. She would have been a monthish there. I think they are... much darker... then Flash was... 😒

Attachments

• IMG_8068.JPG
    IMG_8068.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8071.JPG
    IMG_8071.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8074.JPG
    IMG_8074.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3815.JPG
    IMG_3815.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 5
I don't know what to think, gender wise. They would be about a month and a half now.
The first photo is of Custard.
The second of Cheezle Splat... mmm, weird name...🤦‍♀️
Third of Mistletoe.
And the last is of Flash, my first OEGB. She is younger than they are in these photos, but I conveniently stopped taking photos of her after that. She would have been a monthish there. I think they are... much darker... then Flash was... 😒
Do you have pictures of them from the side?

Back
Top Bottom