oegb's just arrived today... can't figure out who is who.

lothefarmer

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
CA
my oegb's arrived in the mail today. i ordered spangled, crele, and golden duckwing. i'm curious to know which babies are what color, because there are more than three patterns than i can clearly see, so i'm not sure what exactly i have.

i have only one of these

s
ome of these

a
nd these

i have only two of these

a few of these

t
his is the same one, front and back

and here are some group shots

thanks guys. also, i'd like some advice on discerning gender when that time comes around... any tips for this breed/colors?

Last edited:
i don't really raise these much i have one old english game bantam i don't know to much about them .. i have a rooster his mate was killed .. but cute chicks so i couldn't help you any

Unfortunately, the colors you chose all look very similar at this age. May just have to wait this one out, to see what they are.
As for gender, it should become fairy obvious around 4 or 5 weeks, when the roo's combs are noticeably larger and redder (my gals had almost no comb at all when the roos were very obvious). Also, the males become a noticeably different color about the same time, more beautiful and colorful while the hens remain fairly dull.
Good luck with your little cuties!

yeah, i can usually accurately sex chicks at 4-5 weeks, but id never raised a female from this age, only a male. so i didnt know about the ultra small comb size. good to know. :) i remember my bbr male having a pretty fleshy comb at a young age so that is what i will watch for. as for color, i'm sure i'll have some luck really soon. i tried to get three types that had very different plumage from each other so id be able to tell them apart easily, at least when they grow up. lol.

this is my old english game bantam when he was a little young last summer
200x200px-ZC-065ef449_100_5013.jpeg
he is a little bigger then this same color and everything and this is his mate but she was killed
200x200px-ZC-d448495f_100_4984.jpeg
as you can see he is bigger and a lot more colors

Back
Top Bottom