Of Course...

7Maples

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 3, 2010
I went out to shut our birds in for the night and to collect the eggs. In order to collect the eggs I have to walk under where the chickens roost in the rafters. Spells disaster right? Well I've been lucky for almost six years. Tonight however I walked under one of our older Barred Rock girls and just barely missed her bomb. I jumped out of the way went "Ha Ha you missed"
tongue.png
and then Malfoy, a Barred rooster, dropped a mega bomb right on my head. Of course he did...
sickbyc.gif

If that wasn't enough of a "trauma" though Malfoy had to cackle at me! I turned glared, he stopped and skooched away from me. That's right Mal, love ya but don't push it bub we LOVE chicken and dumplings!
tongue.gif

Ah, it's okay. The other day my EE was on my arm, then she pooped and it landed on my pants. Of course, it had to be ceceal poop....
roll.png

OH! That nasty stuff! Yeah, glad it wasn't that!

I think it's been passed down from parent to offspring. The urge to bomb us but no one's had the courage until now. Mal's dad, Cogburn, was a mean old rooster that got taken out by a riding lawn mower because he thought it was trying to get his women, so I'm not all that shocked that Malfoy was the culprit! Looking back I can see the plotting in their little beady eyes every time I'd pet them as I'd walk by to collect eggs. I just haven't been the one to do it in a while so this must have felt like their only shot! If I go in there again I think I'll take an umbrella with me!

Darn chickens. They DO (unfortunately) have a sense of humor. I've been pooped on many times- once by a broody. And also once my EE pooped on my head RIGHT AFTER I got out of the shower
th.gif

Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom