1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Off e-mail list

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by greifelt, Aug 13, 2007.

1. greifelt

greifelt New Egg

May 14, 2007
    How do I stop getting all these e-mails? I just want to be able to visit a message board and make posts when I want to.

2. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    All of what emails?

3. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    I feel unwanted...I never get any emails from the site...[​IMG]

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    You should be able to go to profile, privacy then uncheck " include post in subscription emails" I think that will stop the emails from the posts. Or can just check hide emal & disallow form email also. Hope that helps.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The only emails you would get from BYC:

1) If you "Subscribe" to a thread you get notified of new posts to that thread. You can unsubscribe via the forum or via the email you received.

2) Newsletters: We send out BYC newsletters from time to time. You can unsubscribe from those via the links within the newsletter.

If you are getting emails other than those above please forward them to me:

nifty @backyardchickens.com

6. greifelt

greifelt New Egg

May 14, 2007
    All of these emails from "chicken 101" - I dont have any idea how I got on this chat board

7. Nifty-Chicken

I don't think that's from us. Forward me the email and I'll take a look.

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Sounds like you accidently clicked the "subscribe" button on that post. Just find the post on the boards--if you go to "Profile" up top in the blue bar, you can find out which posts you have been to easier than searching the entire site. Find the 101 post and at the very bottom of the page is an "unsubscribe" button. I did the same thing and couldn't figure out what the He** was going on.

9. Nifty-Chicken

10. greifelt

greifelt New Egg

May 14, 2007
    thank you to everyone for the help. I figured out the email problem and unsubscribed as you all advised. I am free at last!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by