Offended Members When Corrected

To err is to be human, we should all be accepting of that and be able to admit when we are wrong... unfortunately, to be prideful is also a human trait and some have more than their fair share...

I have seen a lot of that and most times it is repeatedly the same posters... luckily BYC has greeters like you, Michael, who keeps many from being scared off due to lack of tact... I thank you for being so active as you are one of the people I saw the most of before I joined BYC...

I try to be honest and tactful in my postings, but sometimes it can get frustrating and words just don't come out right... but when someone just wants to be right all the time no matter what, I have to just walk away... it does get old dealing with those situations, but there is so much great info here and so many good people willing to help that that overcomes those little irritations... hopefully new members will keep seeing all the good and be able to keep the spirit of the forum going as it should...

After all, just like any large, extended family not everyone will always get along all the time... but with long time dedicated members, the family will always be a family...

Edited cuz I cain't speel, lol...

Thanks. BYC has definitely been like an extended family to me.

Thanks. BYC has definitely been like an extended family to me.

I'm proud to claim you as part of my extended family Michael! (Although that can get a bit confusing because I already have a brother named Michael, lol. Guess you can't have too many!)

thumbsup.gif

I am a new chick to the group. Personally it is not only this forum but also in others. I raise miniature horses & some folks can get downright nasty with remarks and such on those forums also. It seems that when you hide behind a keyboard the nastiness is more so with people. A wise clucker once told me if you can't say it to someone face to face then don't say it at all. Just my opinion though.

This has always been a huge frustration, but I've seen it in every hobby! Chickens, horses, and dogs always seem to be the worst though. I had a lady get angry once with me at a poultry show because she asked what sex I thought her birds were and they were very clearly roosters. She got very upset and justified in her mind that she had three pairs and sold them as that. That was just downright disappointing, because some of them were purchased by 4-Hers who would later end up with two roosters and no hens to go with them. She also went on to bad mouth me to the person who recommended she ask my opinion. *sigh*

Recently one of the most frustrating things for me has been giving advice to a person who asks for it and then they go to everyone they can think of to get their advice and they go with what they wanted to hear in the first place. I'm not always right, and I am still learning, but I don't understand why people bother asking me (Especially since I do a lot of research when asked a question, which takes up a lot of my time) when they will just ignore the advice I give them anyway.

Wherever people are, pride is there too. Some people just refuse to admit they were wrong, no matter if it is staring them in the face. Yeah, it's frustrating sometimes, and this has happened to me on BYC before. But, I think that we just need to learn that, one, elongating the argument won't help and that we need to just be gracious to them. Michael, you are not alone in your frustrations. You are an inspiration to all BYC so keep up the good work!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom