Office Work.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Exactly--there has to be an ambient humidity of 35-55% for true dry incubation to work, otherwise you are just killing the eggs.

But since I have a hard time getting my incubator over 55%, all my hatches are "dry."

Quote:
But what if you have roos in with the hens?

It's cool as long as they are accompanied by a relative.

So if a related roo is with the hens, it's cool. But erm, our JG girls are all unrelated to any of our roos. So I guess I'll go put some burkas on them.

Quote:
Exactly--there has to be an ambient humidity of 35-55% for true dry incubation to work, otherwise you are just killing the eggs.

But since I have a hard time getting my incubator over 55%, all my hatches are "dry."

*ships some humidity to Laree*

My hygrometer broke so I'm guessing. I ffigure, I add water every couple days just like always and with a little luck, this should work.

Quote:

You know, I don't even have a hygrometer in my incubator any more. I have abso-smurfly no idea what the ambient humidity is and yet I hatch chicks like it's my job! Ok no, I put more effort into hatching the chicks.

Quote:

*ships some humidity to Laree*

Me too please

Quote:

You know, I don't even have a hygrometer in my incubator any more. I have abso-smurfly no idea what the ambient humidity is and yet I hatch chicks like it's my job! Ok no, I put more effort into hatching the chicks.

wink.png
clap.gif

Quote:
It does.

back when they had no hygrometers they just added water every 3 days.

Yep, it hasn't hurt anything yet. My hatch rates are pretty good all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom