Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween HAL Haunted House or Creepy Coop Contest!

Pics
Coop is coming pre built (not a prefab, a nice amish one lol) but run is homemade. Chickens are currently screaming because we had to remove their run 'extension' that just barely gives them enough space, and they are now stuck with a smaller space. I've explained to them that they need to deal to get a bigger home, but they won't listen.
It is a shame, you just cannot reason with chickens. 😞

The run is finally essentially done! Painting this afternoon! Put a whole haybale in there without strings for them to tear apart. I regret this decision. The hay has taken over. There is no run. Only hay.
The chickens will have it smashed down in no time. :D

The run is finally essentially done! Painting this afternoon! Put a whole haybale in there without strings for them to tear apart. I regret this decision. The hay has taken over. There is no run. Only hay.

Don't worry about too much hay, it has a way of settling down and blowing away (around here anyway). The chickens will enjoy playing around in it!

Don't worry about too much hay, it has a way of settling down and blowing away (around here anyway). The chickens will enjoy playing around in it!
They certainly are. We also purchased a straw/dirt/mulch/hay mix fo the run to cover up all of that exposed HC (we ran it under the whole run to avoid digging), but I think that that can wait a bit until they hay disperses.

Back
Top Bottom