Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
PXL_20201103_000140940.jpg

My lil Pumpkin. I enjoyed about 24 hrs with this sweet chick and now they're off to their forever home about a mile down. Fun thing is I've passed that house before and noticed their chickens, so I'm glad I can cruise by if I ever want to visit.

Earlier this year I had a Farm Innovator 4250, but it took a power surge and fried the controller so I got a 2nd NR360 and have had around an 80 to 85% hatch rate on everything else that I hatched, but the White Bresse.
For Halloween hatch I hand turned the eggs 4 times a day for 7 days before placing them in the turner.
The other NR360 I just placed the eggs in the turner and will candle tomorrow.
Have all your Bresse eggs come from same person?

The last 2 Pitas hatched. A full day and half past hatch date. Since some of the parents also hatched late could this be a genetic thing? @ChickenCanoe
Rest of hatch was on time if not early. 1 Pita on time as well.
That's really hard to say.
Old breeders, inbreeding and older eggs can all cause late hatches..
Every day of storage causes a delay of about 40 minutes. Add that to older birds and/or inbred birds can make them a day or more later.
So if it is inbreeding then yes, it can be genetic.

That's really hard to say.
Old breeders, inbreeding and older eggs can all cause late hatches..
Every day of storage causes a delay of about 40 minutes. Add that to older birds and/or inbred birds can make them a day or more later.
So if it is inbreeding then yes, it can be genetic.
Thanks. In my case older birds (Eggs were huge) for first batch and older eggs (Mine)for second hatch probably the problem.

Back
Top Bottom