Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Artwork Contest

Pics
Pippin is so cute! :love
20210602_123641_HDR.jpg

Here is the original image.
I just love yakitori's drawing of her so much! I set it as my avatar (and not just on BYC, on other sites too)

Calling all our talented artists on Backyard Chickens! Share your paintings and drawings, show off your handmade jewelry pieces and pottery. What type of art do you enjoy creating to express yourself?
The Artwork Contest is a judged photo contest.

Rules:

1. All entries must be submitted as a reply to this thread.
  2. Entries must be made by the member posting.
  3. A member can have up to 3 entries (only one entry per post please).
  4. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  5. High-quality images are recommended.
  6. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  7. This is a judged photo contest and the winners will be determined by a panel of judges.
  8. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  9. All BYC rules apply - Terms of Service (Rules)
  10. Entries will be accepted until June 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Prizes
Place
Prize
First Place
$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second Place
$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third Place
$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.

BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States they will be awarded the PFM instead.

Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair Contest Series
Click on the pictures to view these other contests!
All of my following three entries are inspired by the work of Eric Carle, otherwise known as the author/illustrator who created the fantastic "Very Hungry Caterpillar".

Carle's process for creating his illustrations involved painting on large sheets of tissue paper and then cutting specific colors, shapes, and textures from those large sheets.

These clippings would then be glued down to create the illustration. I followed this process for each of the entries listed below. If you zoom in you can pick out tiny pieces of paper making up each image.

Entry #1 Rooster and the Speckled Hen
20210624_200706.jpg

All of my following three entries are inspired by the work of Eric Carle, otherwise known as the author/illustrator who created the fantastic "Very Hungry Caterpillar".

Carle's process for creating his illustrations involved painting on large sheets of tissue paper and then cutting specific colors, shapes, and textures from those large sheets.

These clippings would then be glued down to create the illustration. I followed this process for each of the entries listed below. If you zoom in you can pick out tiny pieces of paper making up each image.

Entry #1 Rooster and the Speckled HenView attachment 2733988

Nice job on all of your entries!

Back
Top Bottom