Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Baked Goods Contest

Pics
The first wedding cake I've made. It was for a a friend and turned out pretty darn good if I say so myself. :D
IMG_6267.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 6.17.27 PM.png

We tried a recipe for galaktoboureko, a Greek custard dessert similar to baklava, yesterday. While the custard didn't turn out to be the right consistency (we used instant cream of wheat instead of fine semolina, which is what was called for), and we added *a bit* too much sugar syrup, it was extremely tasty! In fact, contrary to my expectations, the whole thing has been consumed already!

--
Ingredients:
1624756668203.png
1624756760358.png

--
Finished product!
1624757817626.png

1624757784711.png
PXL_20210625_202934898.jpg

We tried a recipe for galaktoboureko, a Greek custard dessert similar to baklava, yesterday. While the custard didn't turn out to be the right consistency (we used instant cream of wheat instead of fine semolina, which is what was called for), and we added *a bit* too much sugar syrup, it was extremely tasty! In fact, contrary to my expectations, the whole thing has been consumed already!

--
Ingredients:
View attachment 2736550View attachment 2736553

--
Finished product!
View attachment 2736575
View attachment 2736574View attachment 2736571

That looks delicious! And you did a pretty job with the presentation :thumbsup

Special call out to:
@aroostercalledBrownie
@the_peanut_coop
@Ada06
@Weeg
@tripletfeb

Could you please post a photo of the ingredients you used for your contest entries (not the recipe, but a picture of the actual ingredients)?

Contest Rule #3
A photograph of the ingredients plus a photograph of the finished baked good is required.

If you need help editing your photos, let me know and I can help.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Special call out to:
@aroostercalledBrownie
@the_peanut_coop
@Ada06
@Weeg
@tripletfeb

Could you please post a photo of the ingredients you used for your contest entries (not the recipe, but a picture of the actual ingredients)?

Contest Rule #3
A photograph of the ingredients plus a photograph of the finished baked good is required.

Thank you!
I need help please. I believe my only one I need to edit is my strawberry rhubarb pie entry but I don't know how to add a photo after I posted. It won't let me edit the post anymore. Thanks!

I need help please. I believe my only one I need to edit is my strawberry rhubarb pie entry but I don't know how to add a photo after I posted. It won't let me edit the post anymore. Thanks!
Wait, I have a picture of the ingredients in all my posts. Which one of mine needed fixed?

Special call out to:
@aroostercalledBrownie
@the_peanut_coop
@Ada06
@Weeg
@tripletfeb

Contest Rule #3

Thank you!
Thanks for letting me know, I'll get on that today. :D
Ps. The cake has a ton of components, cake, frosting, and homemade fondant. Plus, I made homemade marshmallows so that I could make the marshmallow fondant without using artificial ingredients. Do I have to post a photo of all the ingredients for every component? Frosting, cake, marshmallows and lastly fondant? Or just the cake. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom