Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Baked Goods Contest

Pics
Not an entry

Cinnamon Sugar Palmier
DSCN5629.JPG
DSCN5635.JPG

Hello, I will not be able to get on BYC till the 4th of July. So I know I most likely won’t win but in the possibility that is happen what will happen since I can’t at on my phone at that time?

Copied & pasted from the same question on the canning contest...

You don't have to be online when the contest closes. This contest runs until midnight, June 30th. Then the judging has to happen and that takes time so the names of the winners may not be posted here until a couple of weeks after the contest closes.

I told my husband I needed to bake some "practice" cookies for the ones I plan to make for his bday in August and he rolled his eyes. I know we don't NEED these desserts in the house....but I mean, these contests inspire me. :lau

That's right, just blame the extra cookies on contest research :lol:

My pride and joy, Jordan Marsh's Blueberry Muffins:
115g (1/2 c) softened butter
250g (1 1/4 c) sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
240g (2 c) flour
1/2 tsp salt
2tsp baking powder
120ml (1/2 c) milk
380g (2 c) blueberries (tossed in flour to prevent sinking)
3 tsp sugar

1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C or gas mark 5).

2. Cream the butter and 250g (1 1/4 c) sugar until light and fluffy.

3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla.

4. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder, and add to the creamed mixture alternating with the milk. Start with adding the dry ingredients and end with adding the dry ingredients.

5. Crush 95g (1/2 c) of the blueberries with a fork and mix into the batter. Fold in remaining whole berries.

6. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners, and fill with batter.

7. Sprinkle the 3 tsp sugar over the tops of the muffins and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown, set, and a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.

8. Remove muffins from tin and cool on rack for at least 30 minutes. Store uncovered, or the muffins will be too moist the next day.

Enjoy!

For Europeans, your muffin tins are a touch smaller than American standard muffin tins. Bake at 375 F (190 C or gas mark 5) for 24-26 minutes or until done.

I haven't tried it, but I bet GF flour would work fine in these muffins.

baking photos.JPG

blueberry muffins 3.JPG

blueberry muffins.JPG

blueberry muffins 2.JPG

Blueberry season in Louisiana is here, and I couldn't resist some muffins!

Back
Top Bottom