Ended Official BYC 2023 Summer Fair Contest—Canning & Preserving Contest

Pics
Entry #2 homemade onion powder. My watermelon started vining through and over my onions so I decided I better pick the onions. So, what am I going to do with so many onions at once? Make onion powder of course! This was easier than I thought it would be, pretty hands off with the dehydrator. The hardest part was slicing the onions through the tears🤣 The last picture also shows my spice grinder, that I used to make the powderView attachment 3593012View attachment 3593013
I have 3 of those grinders, I love them. One for coffee, one for spices and one for baby chick feed. 😂

Entry #3 Sweet corn for the freezer. I love the taste of summer sweet corn in the winter. I have more to pick too, in a few days. I always blanch it on the cob then cut it off. Makes it easier because it's already cooked
IMG_20230804_125256140.jpg
IMG_20230804_143528067.jpg

Entry 1:
Fermented honey garlic 🍯🧄
So simple yet a must have in my pantry. Raw, local honey combined with fresh garlic from the garden results in a powerhouse of nutrition with several health benefits! Plus, its absolutely delicious!
Sometimes I add a pinch of crushed red pepper for a little kick.. 💕

20230805_094902.jpg
20230805_094225.jpg

Entry 1:
Fermented honey garlic 🍯🧄
So simple yet a must have in my pantry. Raw, local honey combined with fresh garlic from the garden results in a powerhouse of nutrition with several health benefits! Plus, its absolutely delicious!
Sometimes I add a pinch of crushed red pepper for a little kick.. 💕

View attachment 3600293View attachment 3600295
For the first time in my life I see such an unusual dish. Judging by the composition, it is probably able to get rid of any cold.
:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom