Ended Official BYC 2023 Summer Fair Contest—Standard-Bred Chicken Show

Pics
I want to eventually become an ornithologist after I'm fully ready for college in the coming years. But I'm wondering what it takes to become a judge in the poultry shows? Like is there any training? I also can't find out if there are poultry shows in the EU and if there aren't I'd like to eventually start the first one in Italy!
Not sure how it is in other countries but this is the US rules
https://amerpoultryassn.com/judge-licensing/
Anyone can be a fair judge though. I am a fair judge. All you need are two references.
I want to be licensed once I am 21 though.

Did they announce the winners yet?

No, but I'm sure the judges are working to bring fair results. From what I can tell this contest had a lot more entries than a lot of the other summer contests, so the work the judges have to do is not small. They also had to judge the "other fowl" contest. I'm sure we can all find some patience within us to wait a little more:)

No, but I'm sure the judges are working to bring fair results. From what I can tell this contest had a lot more entries than a lot of the other summer contests, so the work the judges have to do is not small. They also had to judge the "other fowl" contest. I'm sure we can all find some patience within us to wait a little more:)
Of course 🙂 I just saw they had announced a lot of the other contests but I guess they have a few more to do. This contest is always really hard to judge I think because they have to find judges that know the SOP.

Did they announce the winners yet?

As @fluffycrow mentioned here, winners have not been announced yet. Since this contest is also for birds bred to the standard of perfection, we have a couple knowledgeable members here on BYC as judges working on the voting. (I am not one of those knowledgeable members, :oops: :D ) but hopefully we have the winners soon. I will post them as soon as possible!

As @fluffycrow mentioned here, winners have not been announced yet. Since this contest is also for birds breed to the standard of perfection, we have a couple knowledgeable members here on BYC as judges working on the voting. (I am not one of those knowledgeable members, :oops: :D ) but hopefully we have the winners soon. I will post them as soon as possible!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom