Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #10

Pics
I can't help wondering if the target of 40 articles is rather ambitious.

Great question. In the past it hasn't been much of a problem, so I'm wondering if either the word hasn't spread about the contest, or if peeps are just drained on things to write about that aren't already covered.

I usually don't write things specifically for the contest - if there's a subject I want to write an article about, I do it, and then if there's a contest going I enter it. It could be a lot of people are like me - meaning they'll only be entering if they happened to be writing something anyway.

Hmm... I wonder why so few? Not enough peeps knowing about the contest? No interest in writing? Prizes aren't exciting enough?
Personally, I just don't know what to write about. The learning centre already has quite the assortment of good articles---another on any of them would be redundant.

I usually don't write things specifically for the contest - if there's a subject I want to write an article about, I do it, and then if there's a contest going I enter it. It could be a lot of people are like me - meaning they'll only be entering if they happened to be writing something anyway.
I'm cheating a bit.:p
My chicken keeping arrangements are quite unusual so that gives me some scope for so far uncovered topics. I'm also taking chunks out of the book I'm writing and that gives me quite a lot of material. As @BantyChooks writes, a lot of topics have reasonable coverage already; there are only so many 'how I built my coop' articles one can read!
I've got 6 articles I would like to publish here. 2 are already done and posted; I may finish another today.
It's not about winning the competition for me; I would give anything I won away anyway.
It's about sharing the knowledge I've aquired and of course a degree of vanity should people like what I write.:)

Back
Top Bottom