Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #5 - Write and Win!

Pics
Great job on the submissions guys!
thumbsup.gif

We need more article submissions for this contest. As of now, we only have 26 submissions.

Come on and invite your friends to submit some great and helpful articles.

We need more articles!

Here are some ideas:

How to brooder raise baby chicks
How to hen raise baby chicks
What to do when you chickens have worms/mites/whateverotherpestyoucanthinkof
What kinds of bedding to use in a coop
Anything housechicken!
How to trim a rooster's spurs (I'm personally curious about this one!)
What general maintenance do you do with your flock? (nail trimming, worming, etc . . .)

I hope this helps somebody! If anything is already used, please forgive me, these are just off the top of my head.

Hey, I have a question about the contest. I finally got around to writing an article to enter this contest, but upon rereading the rules, I realized I may have a problem. My article is a guide about quarantining chickens and other fowl before adding them to an established flock. As it is, I have no pictures on it, which is a requirement according to the rules in the first post on this thread (under 'How To Enter', number 4).

I will be setting up a quarantine pen eventually because I plan on purchasing some ducks from a show next month, and I was going to get pictures of my setup at that point to put on the page. I have a picture or two of birds during quarantine that I could add to the page, but they really don't show much beyond the bird so I'm not sure they would be relevant enough to put on the page. Should I wait until I get the pictures of my quarantine pen (or at least add the pictures of my birds in quarantine) before entering my article, or can I enter it now and add the pictures later without being disqualified?

(And if anyone is wondering, I don't have the link handy, but it is in my signature. 'The Essential Quarantine'. :) )

Hey, I have a question about the contest. I finally got around to writing an article to enter this contest, but upon rereading the rules, I realized I may have a problem. My article is a guide about quarantining chickens and other fowl before adding them to an established flock. As it is, I have no pictures on it, which is a requirement according to the rules in the first post on this thread (under 'How To Enter', number 4).

I will be setting up a quarantine pen eventually because I plan on purchasing some ducks from a show next month, and I was going to get pictures of my setup at that point to put on the page. I have a picture or two of birds during quarantine that I could add to the page, but they really don't show much beyond the bird so I'm not sure they would be relevant enough to put on the page. Should I wait until I get the pictures of my quarantine pen (or at least add the pictures of my birds in quarantine) before entering my article, or can I enter it now and add the pictures later without being disqualified?

(And if anyone is wondering, I don't have the link handy, but it is in my signature. 'The Essential Quarantine'.
smile.png
)
You can use the photos of your chickens in quarantine. It really doesn't matter if the pics are not 100% fitting to the topic. Some topics are HARD to illustrate, I know!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom