Ended Official BYC Contest - Chicken and Egg Recipes - Win a BYC Cookbook!

Pics
Here is my tart lemon bar recipe.
Preheated oven 350* f
9x13x2" greased pan
Bake 15 minutes

Crust:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp corn or potato starch
1/4 tsp salt
Using food processor or pastry cutter cut or pulse butter into dry ingredients to form a crumbling gravel. Press evenly into greased pan and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.

Filling:
3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp corn or potato starch
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
8 eggs (room temperature)
2 to 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
1 cup Meyer lemon juice (4 to 6 Meyer lemons)

Confectionery sugar for dusting

In large bowl whisk dry ingredients together to blend and remove clumps. In separate bowl wisk eggs, Meyer lemon juice and zest then add wet ingredients to dry, wisk until smooth.Pour filling onto hot crust lower oven temperature to 300* f bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until filling is firmed up in middle. Cool slightly then cut into bars before cooling to room temperature. Dust with confectionery sugar or if putting in fridge or freezer dust with confectionery sugar before serving.

Enjoy!
I currently do not have a photo of my lemon bars I hope to add one for you soon.

Do we post the recipe here? Or where do I go to do that? Thanks so much!!
yippiechickie.gif

Eggs in a hole:
You will need:
As many eggs as there are people you are cooking for
Bread
Butter
Fry pan
Stove
wink.png

1.Gather your backyard chicken eggs
D.gif
and a few slices of bread.
2. Butter each side of the bread well.
3. Cut a hole into the center of each slice of bread.
4. Place 1 slice of bread into a fry pan, turn on med heat.
5. Crack a backyard chicken egg into the hole of the bread.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place the center piece that you cut out into the pan and toast that as well.
8. When the bottom side of the bread that is touching the pan is golden, flip it over to tan the other side.(When this side is golden as well, the egg will be an over easy egg.)
9. Serve on a plate and repeat the process until everyone has an "egg in a hole".
10.Use the center piece to clean up your plate from the egg yolk.
11. ENJOY!!

droolin.gif
ya.gif

thumbsup.gif
and if it looks like this You DID an awesome job!!

@polkachick @The scrambler @SueT you need to make recipe page to enter...

HOW TO ENTER:

- Head over to the Recipes section (https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/4/Recipes)
- Create a recipe page with a complete list of ingredients, detailed instructions and AT LEAST one good photograph (bonus points if you include more
wink.png
)
- See here for article/member page/coop page writing tutorial: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/953810/coop-pages-and-member-pages-tutorial-and-feedback/0_30
- Reply this this thread with a link to your recipe page.

Let me know if you need any help!

We hatched way to many roosters last year!!!! We recently tried a few recipes and one was a huge hit!!!

After we butchered the rooster we put it in a crockpot over night with a bout a cup or so of water. When it cools after your morning coffee take the meat off the bones and return it back to the crock pot. We saved the liquid for soup later on in the freezer. I add 1 1/2 cup of bbq sauce ( I like sweet baby rays), 2 table spoons Worcester sauce, and about 1/4 or so cup of brown sugar depending on how sweet you like your bbq. I also slice up and out a half an onion and stir it in. I give it another hour( more if needed) then pull it apart with a fork. It's a crowd pleaser and your house will smell amazing!!!!

Last edited:
Sumi I followed your instructions to post in recipe section. For some reason for the life of me I cannot find anyway to post in that section. I even went to your tutorial link still no luck. I used both mobile mode and desktop.

Here is my tart lemon bar recipe.
Preheated oven 350* f
9x13x2" greased pan
Bake 15 minutes

Crust:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cold unsalted butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp corn or potato starch
1/4 tsp salt
Using food processor or pastry cutter cut or pulse butter into dry ingredients to form a crumbling gravel. Press evenly into greased pan and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.

Filling:
3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp corn or potato starch
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
8 eggs (room temperature)
2 to 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
1 cup Meyer lemon juice (4 to 6 Meyer lemons)

Confectionery sugar for dusting

In large bowl whisk dry ingredients together to blend and remove clumps. In separate bowl wisk eggs, Meyer lemon juice and zest then add wet ingredients to dry, wisk until smooth.Pour filling onto hot crust lower oven temperature to 300* f bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until filling is firmed up in middle. Cool slightly then cut into bars before cooling to room temperature. Dust with confectionery sugar or if putting in fridge or freezer dust with confectionery sugar before serving.

Enjoy!
I currently do not have a photo of my lemon bars I hope to add one for you soon.
here is my update with photo.

Sumi I followed your instructions to post in recipe section. For some reason for the life of me I cannot find anyway to post in that section. I even went to your tutorial link still no luck. I used both mobile mode and desktop.
I think your post count may be too low, so the system won't allow you to create a page yet. We have some restrictions in place for new members, in an effort to stop spammers, which we had quite a problem with over the last year. Try again after posting a bit more and let me know if you are still having problems?

You've got 10 posts now, so you should be able to create a page. I think the minimum is 10 posts..

Back
Top Bottom