Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall / Winter 2011

Quote:
ok naked is one thing... this one gets my vote for being degraded and having to wear a dog shirt.
lau.gif

This thread is toooo funny. I've had chickens for 30 years and have never seen anything like some of these pictures!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
~Charm1704

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

OMG! I am looking through these pics with my fiance (we got our first chickens 4 months ago) and he is making the funniest comments about the molting chickens!

" Those bony wing feathers are nasty, they remind me of a fish carcass or something"
" HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST???"
" Um.... looks like I'll be staying inside for a few weeks"

lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Well this is the only photo i took and she is in the bright sun, here is a bit bigger photo of her.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/zazousemoon206/farm/nov2010/DSC00025-2.png

seriously there's just nothing that makes this ok... why do they DO this? you'd think there'd be some limiting factor, like say, 30% of feathers at a time.
someone needs to knit that girl a sweater!
or at least get her some sunblock!
wow, poor thing!

I'm loving these pics! I'll be checking this thread everyday! Just found these pics on my comp. Might as well post them!

105907_img_3059.jpg

105907_img_3058.jpg

These are 2 of my 6 hens when we first got them. Molting away in their cardboard box while they were being sent here!
lol.png
lol.png

Evil looking hens
tongue.png

Quote:
What breed is the beautiful blue chicken behind your frizzled chicken? I love the dog shirt on the molting frizzle!

Back
Top Bottom