Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall / Winter 2011

Quote:
What breed is the beautiful blue chicken behind your frizzled chicken? I love the dog shirt on the molting frizzle!

Rose, It looks like a blue Ameraucana. I agree with you, love that color!!.....and the muffs!!

Quote:
What breed is the beautiful blue chicken behind your frizzled chicken? I love the dog shirt on the molting frizzle!

He is a 5 month old Easter Egger (3/4 Ameraucana x 1/4 Cuckoo Marans) & available for FREE to anyone who wants him!
wink.png

BJ ~ the poor frizzle seen here actually was his surrogate mother when she was broody this summer.

BJ is just getting used to the shirt ~ when I first put it on her she was walking around funny like a cat with tape stuck on it's paw.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

He is a 5 month old Easter Egger (3/4 Ameraucana x 1/4 Cuckoo Marans) & available for FREE to anyone who wants him!
wink.png

BJ ~ the poor frizzle seen here actually was his surrogate mother when she was broody this summer.

BJ is just getting used to the shirt ~ when I first put it on her she was walking around funny like a cat with tape stuck on it's paw.
lau.gif

That reminds me of the day I put aprons on some of my girls. I have an EE that ran around like something was trying to catch her, and all it was was the apron on her back!
lau.gif
lau.gif

Mei&Popcorn :

Quote:
OMG
ep.gif
this poor girl gets my vote for worst molt! Poor lil gal I just wanna
hugs.gif

wow!! i didn't think that molts could be that bad! you get my vote!!​

X2 my vote goes to her! Poor little lady!

I don't know why, but a molting chicken gives me the heebee-jeebees! Considering I'm a RN & see things presumably WAY nastier than these pics, seems like this shouldn't bother me. I literally have chills!! Eeewwwwww!
sickbyc.gif
hu.gif

I've never had one molt like this, in all my years! Even my peafowl never looked that bad.
ep.gif

Make sure you support the nutritional needs during a molt. I always add a lot of extra protein, which I learned from having peafowl for years. Takes a lot of protein and vitamins to grow all those new feathers. When peacocks grow new tails, they are literally growing inches a day on several tail feathers which takes quite a lot of protein, since feathers Armenia pure protein.
I switch to something like 20% flock raiser plus high protein treats like hard boiled eggs, tuna,cat food, mealy worms, meat.

Last edited:
Quote:
Now this little hen is soooo bald! I LOVE her
love.gif
She HAS to win this year
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom