Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

Here we go folks - we have a couple winners!!

The winner of the "All Other Breeds" category is Barbedwirecat with Deeta!

Here's Deeta my buff Naked neck hen.

Poor Deeta, she always looks her worst this time of year. Still laying, I do expect her to take quite a while to finish molting, she always does... She does normally get a butterfly saddle too. This year I've tried preening the sheathes off to see if it stimulates quicker feather growth, we shall see!

Ready for my close up!

Do these feathers make my butt look fat?

That's it! No more photos!! Don't you dare take a photo of my butt!

The winner of the "Frizzles" category is (not surprisingly) zazouse with "Kung Fu Henny!"
Bald chicks rule.LOL
this little half pint is fearless when it come to her and her GF's one and only chick.
She is a frizzle
photo taken a couple weeks ago

Congrats zazouse and Barbedwirecat!! You will be contacted shortly in regards to your GFMs!
thumbsup.gif

And a huge thank you to all who participated - everyone got some good laughs seeing all these birds gone bald.
lol.png

Tee hee! My frizzled cochins always moult in the summer!
OMG please tell me that is an exception and mine are NOT going to look like that!!!! I can't even remember our last lot of Isa browns ever moulting years ago, let alone looking like some of these! If our new ones do this I shall be too embarrased to let them out in public!! LOL Edited to add -double OMG just saw the winning frizzle. Starting to panic slightly here. Please tell me these are moulting frizzle exceptions, not the norm???

Last edited:
Some years are better than others with frizzles. Don't freak out too much!!! I have spare saddles ready just in case.

Thank you guys!!! <3<3<3

Deetas feathers have all grown back and she's so pretty strutting herself all over the yard! She's a brand new chicken, I can't wait to get back home and tell her the news :)

Found them, and I'm delighted that my two favourites won. Very well deserved win to them both.

Back
Top Bottom