Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

BYC Project Manager

BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Feb 22, 2009

It's that time of year again where our birds start their metamorphosis into... well, okay, they don't turn into anything, but it sure is interesting to see them go through their molting process and leaving feathers all over the place!
big_smile.png

The contest is simple: Post pictures of your birds in the worst part of their molt. Once we're past the molting season our esteemed panel of judges will pick a loser... er... winner!
wink.png

We will have two categories: "Frizzle" and "All Other Breeds" (on account of Frizzles having some pretty bad molting genes and winning this contest for the past two years
tongue.png
).

There will be one winner per category and each will receive a free 6 month GFM for themselves or a friend.

The rules are simple too:
  1. Must be your chicken
  2. Must be a picture taken THIS YEAR, so probably within the last few weeks and over the next couple months (depending on your climate, birds, etc.)
  3. Must say which category you're entering in

Good luck to you and your ugly... er.. molting chickens!
wink.png

woot.gif

Here's an example from last year's contest (entered by Happy Chooks):
IMG_4144.jpg

Contest ends 12/31/12!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking forward to this contest! I've often thought chickens must molt in the Fall-just so they can create their own unique Halloween costume. Molting chickens make great chicken skeletons, zombies and dinosaurs.

Last edited:
This is my first year with chickens, no moulting yet! That chicken in the OP is soo pathetic looking, I just have to laugh!

Can't wait to get my daily chuckle watching this parade!!! (Glad you have two categories this year . . . seems only fair since the Frizzles look outrageously alien to most breeds at molt, and would have certainly pulled off another win this year.) Looking for the most perplexed and embarrased looks on their faces, as the chicken paparazzi catches our precious flocks at their worst!

My chickens have begun molting, but so far, they've been so gradual, you really wouldn't even know it. No dramatic pictures of mine, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom