Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

lau.gif
Could you possibly share a picture of your broody girl so we can see what she looked like before she entered the nudist colony? How long did it take her to go from feathered to nekked? She's hard-core. I love her attitude!

This is my Phoebe. She's a pretty hideous molter, but nothing like yours!

And two months later...Good as new!

Could you possibly share a picture of your broody girl so we can see what she looked like before she entered the nudist colony? How long did it take her to go from feathered to nekked? She's hard-core. I love her attitude!

She has some very nice frizzles! Just beautiful. Well, at least in the second photo. hahaha.

That first picture looks like she is trying to duck and hide. LOL
lau.gif

Love this contest, look forward to it every year! ALL of my hens are molting right now, or at least I think they are since I haven't gotten a single egg in over a week now. My SLW and one of my sussex have no tails, the other sussex just regrew her tail, and my currently broody orpington is the definition of a "hot mess" and had me slightly panicked last week when I walked out to the broody pen and saw a large pile of feathers on the ground. But my EE Tiger takes the cake. She's not quite as bad as some of the birds on this thread, but I told my husband he should take some pictures of her to work and tell his co-workers that we're pre-plucking the chickens now!\

All Other Breeds

For comparison, that's Tiger in my Avatar.

Last edited:
Well I am too late for this. My chickens are done and feathers are growing back. I did have one "Beauty" though. She was almost naked.
She had one sad tail feather sticking up.
Cindy

Back
Top Bottom