Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures, Fall-Winter 2013

Seriously? My birds will look like this after they molt? Oh no... My wife will just die if she sees that. Is there some wounds I see on that example?

Not necessarily... My leghorn opted for a replace half now, and half later molt... She's been molting for about a month, and has looked a little light on feathers... but she's been no where near naked and half of her feathers are already well past pin stage.

If I hadn't seen that picture, on this forum, there's no way I would EVER have believed that that chicken was anything but near death.

How humiliating.......

This is Tutu and she needs to be entered into the Frizzle catagory. (she is actually a frazzle) I have more pictures of her sadness if you need them. This is her recovery from molting, you can see her new feathers on her chest. lol

Last edited:
This is Tutu and she needs to be entered into the Frizzle catagory. (she is actually a frazzle) I have more pictures of her sadness if you need them. This is her recovery from molting, you can see her new feathers on her chest. lol

Impressive, wow.

I have a question about chickens that moult in cold weather climates since we're coming up on that time very soon. I live in CT and have six chickens....we will have a heating source for them in their coop for the winter but what if they moult....will they be able to keep warm enough?

if you don't put heat in there to start with they will adapt to the cold weather. if you have a heat source in the coop and the power goes out it could send them into another molt in the middle of winter which would be very bad

Back
Top Bottom