Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #10

Well I should be finishing the roof of mine soon. It is a recycle of an old 75+ year old oak shed and a section of a ramp for the floor and the roof will be some lumber from my mothers old deck and some spare asphalt tile that she had left over from her roof.

In the realm of making things bullet proof, I did make some plans for a quail coop that could possibly withstand a bear attack. I don't have bears but someone on here did and I put my brain to the mental exercise of how to bear proof a quail coop. It is a bit like a fortress but I haven't built it.

Well I should be finishing the roof of mine soon. It is a recycle of an old 75+ year old oak shed and a section of a ramp for the floor and the roof will be some lumber from my mothers old deck and some spare asphalt tile that she had left over from her roof.

In the realm of making things bullet proof, I did make some plans for a quail coop that could possibly withstand a bear attack. I don't have bears but someone on here did and I put my brain to the mental exercise of how to bear proof a quail coop. It is a bit like a fortress but I haven't built it.
ME! I've got black bear! I know my chickens wouldn't stand a chance with a bear in the pallet coop we're building.

Following, as I'd like to enter if I get it done in time. I have a 10x8 plastic shed to put together and build the roosts, nesting boxes, and run. Now if it would just stop raining!!! :barnie
Me too! We are moving slower than molasses in January on this coop. I shouldn't complain. Son in law has a back like jello, hubby gets back spasms, and me, I'm an old biddy with bad knees and back. Nevertheless we are perservereing.

It's coming along...

IMG_0633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom